Producer Releases Never-Before-Heard Britney Spears ‘Blackout’ Track “Red Hot Lipstick”


Merry Britmas!

This leak is very mysterious. A man going by the name Doug Elkins says he produced a song titled "Red Hot Lipstick" for Britney Spears some time before the Blackout album was released.
Elkins posted the song on a site titled Bandcamp, along with a description of his time in the studio with her, and his outlook on how she performs and exists currently.
"I produced and co-wrote this song for/with Britney Spears," he says. "I could write a few chapters about my professional life with Britney Spears, but since I have always chosen to be pretty discreet on the subject." He lists out several reasons.

"Britney can sing. I often would beg her to stop chewing gum in the vocal booth (to no avail), but she really can sing well when she puts her heart into it. It totally bums me out when I see her lip-syncing (which is almost always)."
He adds: "One of the most exciting moments of my professional career was the day Britney handed in this song as part of her finished record to her label Jive Records." Elkins says he waited for several months as Britney's public life took center stage. "Blackout, the album that came out... included none of the songs she had turned in to the label originally. I have to admit 'Blackout' was pretty good… of course, minus one glaring omission." Elkins is referring to this track.
"Red Hot Lipstick" is quirky-bubble-pop Britney at her finest. She sassily croons in falsetto over an electric guitar and wavy bassline about getting turned on. It's fantastic.
This demo also features a verse from someone named Noterock (real name Christian Janson).
I'm wondering if Elkins' timeline is off. "Red Hot Lipstick" sounds like it was recorded during the same sessions as several other unreleased tracks meant for Original Doll, including "Ouch" and "Welcome To Me." I guess it doesn't really matter in the end – either way we get to enjoy this for life.

Comments

Help Make "Born To Make You Happy" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "From the Bottom of my Broken Heart" Vivo Certified

Help Make "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Boys" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Me Against The Music" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Perfume" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Make Me" Vevo Certified!