Celebrating 5 Years Of Till The World Ends!



It has been 5 years since this upbeat dance anthem was released. Written by Ke$ha and produced by Max Martin and Dr Luke, this epic track went on to gain major worldwide success.

Ke$ha told Spin Magazine: ‘This song is me imagining her and any female musician touring the world. You know, when you go out and you are having an amazing, magical night and you do not want to go to sleep and you want it to last until the world ends.’

A pre-famous Ke$ha previously worked with Britney on her ‘Cricus’ album on a song called ‘Lace and Leather.’ ‘’I just did backgrounds for her ‘cause I was so broke. I needed to pay rent,’’ the Tick-Tock singer told MTV news back in 2009. ‘’I got a few bucks. No, (I did not meet her) I just did backups for her.

When interviewed by V magazine, Britney admitted that most of the songs off her ‘Femme Fatale’ album were dance tracks as she enjoyed making music that would get people up and on the dance floor. ‘’I like music that makes you move and connects with your soul. I like to feel inspired right away when I listen to new music,’ she says. ‘’I always have songs being sent to me from new artists and producers from all over the world, which is really cool. From there I just follow my heart.’’

On an interview with Ryan Seacrest, Britney admitted, ‘’Till The World Ends, is fun. It’s fun. I like it. It’s good energy. I’m a vibe person and I think I love good mood songs and if it puts me in a good mood, it clicks for me.’’

Britney was asked by Rolling Stones to comment on the relation between Max Martin and Dr.Luke on the track. She said, ‘They are like two peas in a pod. It’s a total bromance.’

The post-apocalyptic video was directed by Ray Kay and filmed in a clammy Los Angeles basement. The video shows Britney dancing with her Entourage on December 12, 2012, which according to the Mayan calendar, was the end of the world. This was the first time Britney worked with the Norwegian director, who previously worked with Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga and Beyonce.

Filming the music video was less than pleasant, ‘The set was a little much. It was grimy and gross and it felt like there was poop everywhere when there wasn’t,’ Spears tells MTV, ‘ It was sweat and it was disgusting sometimes.’

There was a rumour running around at the time that one of the dancers were kicked off set for farting in front of Britney, however this was never really confirmed. To be fair, this might have been the poop smell Britney was referring to…

A beer bottle prop was removed from the set, due to fears of a relapse. Management did not want any reminders around Britney following a successful return from Rehab.

The music video was choreographed by fan fave Wade Robson and it was announced that the video would come out in 2 versions, the choreography cut and the director’s cut.

The video won the award for Best Pop Video at the MTV Video Music awards.

The song is also featured in the Hasbro Games, Twister Dance commercial which was endorsed by Britney.

The song also had a Bollywood remix treatment by DesiHits.com and followed major success.

The video was compared heavily to ‘I’m A Slave 4 U’ due to similar settings, choreography and concept.

Following the success of the track, it was decided to release a remixed version of the track alongside Ke$ha and Nicki Minaj.

The remixed version featured a dubstep breakdown, which was heavily compared to the albums’ first single, ‘Hold It Against Me.’ The remixed version was highly successful. ‘I’m a massive fan of both ladies I share the track with,’ Ke$ha told MTV News, ‘I wrote TTWE for Britney with Dr Luke and Max Martin and she killed it and I loved it, but I just thought a super-group of three hot, strong women could just take over the airwaves,’’ and it did.

Comments

Help Make "Born To Make You Happy" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "From the Bottom of my Broken Heart" Vivo Certified

Help Make "Don't Let Me Be The Last To Know" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Boys" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Me Against The Music" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Perfume" Vevo Certified!

Help Make "Make Me" Vevo Certified!